[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 51 KB, 500x500, 1381330529652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11616601 No.11616601 [Reply] [Original]

>mfw losing this gem of a auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171166717188&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160
Bunch of old Megami issues, plus a little more extra stuff. Now I'm so bummed out because for the price it won or what I could have paid for it, and I really don't want buy anything else because of how good this could have been. I guess the winner had some autobid and I don't know how to eBay

>> No.11616605

>>11616601
Theres fuggin k-ons on the front of one of those, man did you ever fuck up.

>> No.11616616

Auction Stealing Otaku?

Because of the whole maximum bid system snipping is sort of gone by the wayside. He just had a higher maximum bid than what you put in. Hammer snipe is still a reliable program if you want to automate but it's pretty pointless with maximum bids now.

>> No.11616617

>>11616616
I just buy stuff with the buy it now option, I can never deal with sitting around bidding on shit.

>> No.11616663

>>11616616
Um.

No.

You clearly do not know how or why sniping works, and also you seem to be under the impression that ebay has only recently starting using the maximum bid system. Protip: they have always used that system.

Sniping works for two reasons: 1) because tons of people don't KNOW about automatic bidding even though ebay's been doing it forever and clearly explains it in like 10 places and 2) because even the people do know about it succumb to human nature. People hate to lose. If someone bids on an item, and then you outbid them with time still on the clock, it gives them time to think "well, maybe I can go just a little bit higher." Waiting until the last second removes this possibility.

OP, look into JBidWatcher, which can automatically snipe things for you, to prevent this situation from happening again.

>> No.11617183

>You clearly do not know how or why sniping works
This is apt, but I could swear back in the early days ebay didn't always use a maximum bid system, but like the other guy said with buy it now and amazon the last time I bothered with ebay was years ago.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action