[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 391 KB, 1600x1200, AKB48.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29701 No.29701 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Akihabara

the best thing, besides the super cheap electronics, is the AKB Theater. 1 show a day for $10 a seat and 2 shows on the weekend. That's pretty good since I payed out the ass the last time I went to a MM performance.

>> No.30777
File: 645 KB, 1600x1200, 1203620749812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>How big is the theater?

It's not that big, it's on the 8th floor of this building and only holds like 250 people.

>>29943
gb2/b/
Trolling/shitposting will result in a ban. Fuck off and let others enjoy the new additions.

>> No.29771

Ten bucks to see a movie? I pay 3,75€ to see one.

>> No.29781

>>29771
student card?

>> No.29902

>>29771
it's not a movie. it's a live stage performance.

>> No.29943

lol @ AKBfags lining up every single morning

>> No.29972

How big is the theater?

>> No.30814

>>30777
DON DON DON
DON KI
DON KI HOOOOOOTEEEEE~
NANDEMO SOROTTE BENRI NA OMISE~~

>> No.30867

>>30777
How many performances per day? And they perform every day?
That's some slave work then!

>> No.30938

>>30867
That's how the idol business works, the management company basically owns them.

>> No.30984

>>30867
1 per day and 2 on the weekend

>>That's some slave work then!
AKB48 is actually broken up into 3 teams, Team A, Teak K and Team B. Each team has their own set of performances and songs. One day might be Team A and the next might be Team B and the next, Team K.
Team A is the most popular, so they usually sell out first and since its on the 8th floor, I've never seen anyone 'wait outside in line'. I went to both Team A and Team K and the lines I waited in were no longer then a checkout at the store. You'll probably wait LONGER to get a bowl of ramen then you will to buy a ticket.

The best way to understand it is to think of a Vegas Show. They are talented and have some good songs, but they're not popular in the same way MM, Ayu or Aya Ueto. They've been doing this since 2005 btw and are just starting to gain more popularity.

>> No.31056

>>30984
When I go the moonland (hopefully in 2 years), I'll be sure to check them out. 10 bucks is reasonable enough. Not like those fuckers at UFA who charge more around 6,6k~10k or more for a H!P concert (I'll buy them anyway)

Yeah, they're gaining more popularity, they even appeared in the last Kouhaku and have their own TV program. It reminds of me the good old Haromoni.

>> No.31093

>>that's how the idol business works
That really how every business there works. You pretty much have to give up your time and ability for the country and the people rather then for yourself. That's why I'd rather be a white guy in Japan then 'wishing I was Japanese'.

>>the management company basically owns them
From what I understand, the girls in AKB48 have a lot of freedom to do what ever they feel like. They can leave the group anytime they want and some girls have.

I wouldn't call them idols though. Mostly because they're not on the same level as say Aki Hoshino of Yuko Ogura. They preform in a small stage in Akihabara so if they got on a train, they'd just be another body.

>> No.31174

>>31056
It's worth checking out. The first (and last) time I went to a MM concert it was really expensive and it was like they were alienating their fans. You're not allowed anywhere near where one of the girls might be and the front section is practically a DMZ zone.

At an AKB48 performance you're allowed to actually TALK to the girls and they have 'handshaking' events after it's over! I think this alone makes AKB fans more 'refined' then MM fans and doesn't turn them into sad wotas who buy photobooks for the sole purpose of jerking off onto them.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action