[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 121 KB, 639x551, bitches-751261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6136846 No.6136846 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.vagabondish.com/female-foreign-japan/

Japan, land of pic-related.PNG

>> No.6136994
File: 17 KB, 303x63, Screen shot 2010-09-15 at 3.15.44 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

captcha related

>> No.6137028

>in Asia the nerd is king

.................................................what?

>> No.6137057

So in order for Anonymous to get a girlfriend he needs to go to Japan?

>> No.6137119

>Most days I felt unattractive, unwanted and worst of all, unfemale. When not even a short skirt or slinky top attracted more than a passing glance and even construction workers, who could usually be counted on for a leer, regarded me with bored, blank expressions, I felt like a Martian.

What a slut.

>> No.6137130

>>6137119
I was just about the quote that. Don't forget the
>And very, very alone.
And people wonder why we can't take it seriously when women complain about being lonely.

>> No.6137170

>Most days I felt unattractive, unwanted and worst of all, unfemale. When not even a short skirt or slinky top attracted more than a passing glance and even construction workers, who could usually be counted on for a leer, regarded me with bored, blank expressions, I felt like a Martian.

Good. Now she knows how guys here in the U.S. feel when attractive girls show no interest in them because they do not have good looks, money, a good job, etc. Now she knows how it feels to be that nobody that, even though he tries, gets ignored and forgotten. That's fine though, let them go out with guys whom they think are mysterious and confidant when in reality they're just pricks and assholes. After about 35-40 years of dating scumbags they'll suddenly go, "I want a nice guy to date, marry and start a family with!", but by then those nice guys you ignored will look at you with bored, blank expressions when you come sauntering up thinking you still have sex appeal at 40.

You don't.

>> No.6137183

>Who could blame them for taking advantage of a magical loophole that allowed them to date women out of their league?
out of their league my ass, i mad

>> No.6137193

If she was 15 and cute it'd be a different story, I believe.

Obviously I'm a guy, but if I wanted to get a girlfriend in or just a phone number in Japan, I'd rather try my luck with a random cute girl on the train than some scantily clad Westerner at a bar.
Mostly because I speak enough Japanese to make myself understandable.
Yet I've never tried my luck with neither whites nor Asians. Anything else is irrelevant.

>> No.6137227

>>6137193
Amen. It's funny how western women think that by donning a tight, revealing top and a skimpy skirt with their ass hanging out they will immediately win any and all male attention within the vicinity. Sorry miss, while you may look good I focus more on personality because THAT, my friends, is what you have to deal with. Looks fade over time, personality usually stays the same.

>> No.6137231

That seems shitty and it doesn't really surprise me. I live in Ottawa and a third of the people in my school are Asian. I have a terrible attraction to Asian girls but I was forced to learn that they just don't give a shit about guys who don't share that background and have been raised similar. I think I have the worst chances because I'm basically half white and half Arabic.

>> No.6137248

I don't think she knows about the crippling idea Japanese men have of western women.

They're pretty much regarded as the worst possible woman you could be in a relationship, especially yanks.

>> No.6137257

I'd feel sorry for her if she didn't think the best way to win male attention was to dress like a harlot.

>> No.6137267

Get over it emo nerds.

>> No.6137270

Damn right you are, fucking slut.

>> No.6137271

/jp/ no sympathy

>> No.6137273

I don't think she noticed that this is just a role reverse.

She's used to everyone looking at her and guys giving her attention all the time.

And all that 'girls out of the western guys league' shit...

Let's put a Japanese man in America and see how many random women hit on him... yea.

>> No.6137288

This is probably why, despite having a strong interest in the culture in general, I'd never actually consider moving to Japan. Even though I get mistaken for a flat-chested high schooler at my university (or anywhere else, for that matter), I'm not disillusioned into thinking I wouldn't be ignored and/or faced with racism on a dailt basis like the woman in that article.

Then again, I much prefer 2D loli to real men anyway. In before this post is regarded as a troll.

>> No.6137293

why is Ken's socially awkward neighbor named Kevin T_T

I don't live next to a Ken

>> No.6137306

>>6137288
Get out slut.

This whole thread is reported.

>> No.6137317

>>If you’ve ever visited Asia, you’ve likely seen the pale, rail-thin, greasy-haired white boy walking hand-in hand with a perfectly made-up, mini-skirt wearing Asian chick. This would never happen anywhere else in the world. Because everywhere else, Barbie ends up with Ken, not his underemployed, socially-awkward, samurai-sword-collecting neighbor, Kevin. But in Asia, dating rules defy all logic or evolutionary law.

I want to hunt this cunt down and bitchslap her for being so vain.

>> No.6137326

>>6137306
Get out Sion-chan.

>> No.6137327

The only thing that makes this article interesting is the shallow character of the author.

>> No.6137332
File: 168 KB, 354x500, 5f08b734c4f8a693f792fe68725fbf53632fc7dc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If only the world had more love.

I mean, who really thinks Japan is really that cool anyway? It's a terrible place, foreign or not.

>> No.6137343

>>6137332
I don't know for a Japanese who looked the right age, I may be able to overlook the whole 3D issue. For a time of course.

>> No.6137352

>>6136846
>>in Asia the nerd is king

Then become a nerd you silly lady. Learn to adapt and stop being asspained.

Slutty easymodo tactics may have worked in the bars at home, but they will not work in the land of animes and eroges.

>> No.6137369

>>6137248
They'd be right.

>> No.6137376

Fuck, I hate people. Especially normalfags like this.

>> No.6137386

>>6137352
>Learn to adapt and stop being asspained.
Pretty ironic coming from /jp/.

>> No.6137391

>>6136846
Japanese woman, is expected to raise children (lol sure thing, boss) and take care of the house.
western woman, expects you to provide enough so that she can grow old and fat. Will expect you to keep the house spotless and cook enough food to satisfy her obscene hunger.

>> No.6137397

>>6137231
I'm the same racial type as you and I have no problems whatsoever in Japan.

They wouldn't be able to distinguish me from a regular white guy though, nor can people back home.

>> No.6137401
File: 80 KB, 617x402, 2239390.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Poor me, I can't lay down on a pool table, spread my legs, and fuck every man in the bar here.

>> No.6137422

>If you’ve ever visited Asia, you’ve likely seen the pale, rail-thin, greasy-haired white boy walking hand-in hand with a perfectly made-up, mini-skirt wearing Asian chick. This would never happen anywhere else in the world. Because everywhere else, Barbie ends up with Ken, not his underemployed, socially-awkward, samurai-sword-collecting neighbor, Kevin. But in Asia, dating rules defy all logic or evolutionary law. In Asia, the nerd is king.
The double standard is so fucking strong in this article, it's not even funny.

>> No.6137434

>in Asia the nerd is king
I think she's just a bit too jealous. Just because the dude is unattractive by her standards doesn't mean he's automatically a "underemployed samurai sword collecting nerd"

The dude's she's talking about most likely have some kind of respectable job, and the girls they're with probably aren't that attractive either.

For the record, she's "average" at best and "do not want" at worst. Not "cute" at best and "average" at worst, but what do I know. Most women I see are rated the same way to me.

>> No.6137441

People in Japan are taught to avoid anything that looks remotely strange. Some high schooler is playing in the sandbox? Call the police on their wierd ass.

Women are either housewives or workers. You, dressed up like a whore, would only fit in Roppungi, or some other night district.

I went to Japan to work, travel, and enjoy foriegn foods. It was a great experience and I plan to travel there again.

>> No.6137442

Fucking bitch can't last 9 months without a dick inside her? No, wait, the other girls couldn't last 6 months without a dick in them?

Sluts.

>> No.6137458

>>6137441
What did you work as?

I wish English teaching had good career prospects, would be the easiest route in life for me.

>> No.6137460

>>6137442
It's not that 3D girls have sex that bothers me. It's this. They do it with gluttonous abandon and can't stand a few months without strange dick.

>> No.6137465

The key here is that Western culture is manly. We're raised to be aggressive, arrogant and self-centered, which women are usually very attracted to, but men find disgusting. That's why Japanese women want a more manly gaijin boyfriend, while Japanese men prefer the more modest local women.

>> No.6137469

>>6137442
Well let's see you try to go 9 months without sticking your dick into something.

Oh wait nevermind, you've probably gone your whole life like that, and not by choice, lol

>> No.6137471

>>6137227
That's because doing this DOES work for them, when they're in the US, which is all about TAPPIN DAT ASS AND BOINCIN BEFORE DA BITCH WAKES UP xDDD AMIRITE NIGGA?

Fucking horrible. But she's relying on sex appeal and just making herself look like a slut. In the US, everyone looks like sluts already, so that's the norm. I dunno about Japan though, so not saying anything about how it is over there.

>> No.6137481

>>6137469
Lets not degenerate into childish "insults", hmm?

>> No.6137487

>>6137442
>>6137460
I don't think it's so much the sex as it is the fact that she went from a girl who gets a lot of attention from the opposite sex/attention in general to being basically a recluse.

Sure, you think it isn't that bad because we've been living like this the whole time but imagine going from lots of friends + attention to knowing no one and having no one speak to you.

>> No.6137494

>>6137481
Pretty hypocritical then don't you think? This whole thread is extremely childish.

>> No.6137495

>>6137487
Sounds like highschool. Deal with it.

>> No.6137496

>>6137494
how so?

>> No.6137505
File: 57 KB, 410x308, fat-kits-eating-mcdonalds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Amen, sister! I spent a year in Japan and didn't have a good meal the whole time! It's good to be home!

>> No.6137506

>>6137386
If quitting your job, becoming a NEET and masturbating to plastic figures is not adapting I don't know what is.

>> No.6137508

>>6137434
Women ALWAYS overrate themselves. "Average" is the absolutely worst thing a woman can say about her appearance, their scale of adjectives to call themselves just doesn't go below that, there's no "ugly" or "hideous".

I blame how we're all raised to believe we're special, which causes people to completely deny the possibility that they were a little more unfortunate in the genetic lottery.

>> No.6137514

>>6137494
It's not hypocritical because I haven't actually commented before, I've just been reading the thread. And yes you're right, it is childish the way people are commenting, but the actual ideas behind their comments seem pretty solid.

>> No.6137519

>>6137458
English teacher. I left for that very reason. 35k a year for the rest of my life was just not cutting it. I'm a nuclear engineer now and have plenty saved up for when I feel like quitting and just travelling again.

>> No.6137524

>>6137496
Just keep your bitches and whores bullshit on /a/, okay pal.

>> No.6137527

>>6137487
She said in the article she has Japanese friends that tried giving her tips on getting men. She's not lonely, she just craves dick to the point where she's breaking down after only 9 months.

I guess she thinks of a dick inside of her like a missing gear. She needs one in her as often as possible to keep the other gears of her body working. Take that gear out and the rest of her gears stop moving.

>> No.6137537

>>6137527
The secret behind a woman's mind, revealed.

>> No.6137549
File: 62 KB, 500x320, phoenix-wright-ryuichi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6137505
OBJECTION!
Look at the text in the background! It's clearly not English! Therefore, this fast food establishment is NOT where you're insinuating it is!

>> No.6137551

>When not even a short skirt or slinky top attracted more than a passing glance
She has no sense of self-respect, self-esteem or honour. Slut.

>> No.6137558

>>6137527
She's still relatively lonely compared to how she was in her previous life because of the complete lack of male attention.

>> No.6137564

Western women have no appeal to Asian men except for the exotic and beauty factor. This isn't surprising at all given how they are demanding so much from men while retaining very little traditional female virtues/norms. And any sane person can discover in due time that the so call modern "feminist" woman has no real merit.
Given that she's not pretty (if she describes herself as cute chances are she's ugly, not to mention Japanese hate non-skinny women), it's not a wonder she gets dickless there. How she is attracted to machine like average Japanese males though can only be explained by her insatiable hunger for cocks and semen.

>> No.6137566

>>6137465
ball one low and inside

>> No.6137584

What she needs to do is start going through some visual novels and dating sims to see what exactly turns Japanese men on. Try to adapt herself by moulding into one of the overarching stereotypes (tsundere would probably be the easiest for a western girl) and dress in a CLASSY way, not like a slut. Japan is not like the US. Men there tend to want a housewife or a good working woman, not a slut. So dress like a working woman or a housewife, or just stylishly nice. But whatever you do, don't dress like a slut. And that way you might attract some nice guys

>> No.6137587

I lived in Japan for a year, and I can most certainly say that the nerd is most certainly not king.

Japanese women hate otaku, foreign or not. She's just ass pained that a dude SHE'D never give a chance is scoring, but she can't score while trying her sluttiest (not her best, that would imply she tried showing her good attributes as a person, not showing her nipples).

>> No.6137591
File: 12 KB, 450x450, nuke_hugger.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6137519
>I'm a nuclear engineer

Living the dream.

>> No.6137603

The problem seems that she expects men to come to her and try to pick her up without doing any moves on her own. And no, dressing slutty and awkwardly smiling at strangers doesn't count.

Interesting also, that not too long ago there was an article on the same topic (with the same title even!) on gaijinchronicles, and it even provided solutions.
I'd go so far to say that she actually read it too but just wants to bitch because it doesn't work like in her home country.

http://gaijinchronicles.com/2010/07/13/no-sex-in-the-city/

>> No.6137633

Her problem may be that she is just not putting work into being cute.She should try to get some hello kitty things and short(but not slutty) skirt.

>> No.6137635

I know nobody's gonna believe me, but whatever, I'll type this anyway.

I'm a white girl and I've been to Japan twice (possibly moving their soon.) I always got a lot more attention from guys than expected, and very often got complimented on my looks and called 美人. I never expected this because by Japanese standards I'm HUGE... Here in America I'm average / chubby, so I thought Japanese guys would have no interest in me... but I got told I was cute frequently and flirted with a lot. A surprise to me since I'm in my mid 20s and only got my first boyfriend ever last year.

Then again I guess it has to do a lot with my interests. Girls into this kind of otaku stuff are rare, especially gaijin girls, so I guess I was being judged on a different scale than a normal person.

>> No.6137639

>>6137635
Just know that alot of japanese people are nice on the outside but talk major shit at home.(not trying to take away from your moment though)

>> No.6137664

>>6137591
Keeping a reactor running is better than any feeling a woman could ever bestow upon me.

>> No.6137668

>>6137639
I'd be OK with this, as I'm rather sociopathic and as such am unable to make honest connects with other people.

>> No.6137671

>>6137635
how many nerds did you fuck exactly?

>> No.6137682

>>6137639
While this is true, it's usually when they compliment you one things like "Oh, wow. You can order food in Japanese. YOU SO SPECIAL"

Commenting on someone out of the blue about their looks is not something done very often, so if that fat cunt is telling the truth, then I doubt the men are being mean about it.

>> No.6137692

>>6137682
Might be insecurity moe, maybe. Or not.

>> No.6137695

>>6137682
Maybe they all look like the average Japanese persons expectation of an otaku.

>> No.6137710

So basically she's resentful because Asian men don't appreciate loud-mouth western skanks? Woww who could have thought that was possible.

>> No.6137717

>>6137603
>But I want to help everyone else get laid, so I can live vicariously through you. I want everyone in Japan to be properly knocking boots. Just think of me as the Santa Claus of sex. In Japan. Japanese sex Santa Claus.

I love Azrael in a purely nonsexual way.

Also, everything he said that wasn't about Japan I can confirm as true.

>> No.6137718

>>6137635

Oh, so if a chubby white girl can get compliments there, I wonder what they'd think of one who's moderately thin and passable for junior high student-age. Then again, I'd probably never go outside, even in Japan, and instead continue to entertain myself alone in my room like I do now.

Oh, crap. I forgot Ren told me to get out of this thread. Guess I better leave before I'm reported.

>> No.6137721

>>6137635
Just curious, what's your height? Are you taller than most of the guys? Do you have the stereotypical blue eyes/blonde hair?

>> No.6137726

>>6137718
>Listening to Ren
Silly anon

>> No.6137728

>>6137721
You do know that a game of pretend for cyber is one of /jp/'s longstanding hobbies right?

>> No.6137734

So what do Japanese girls think of blonde haired, blue-eyed guys that are 6'1? I imagine you'd be quite the oddity.

>> No.6137739

>>6137718
If the blogger in the OP is correct about Japanese men being shy and easily intimidated (and she may be), then it's possible that they're more likely to hit on less attractive foreign women.

>> No.6137747

>>6137739
Or, and I know this is a very strange (and probably wrong) idea, it might be dependant on personality more so than looks.

>> No.6137759
File: 1.07 MB, 850x743, 1283115854418.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

that girl is small time.

I'm a white girl and I got nanpa'd all the time during my college study abroad. An old man tried to convince me to do enjo kosai (compensated dating) and I was groped 3 times and also surprise jizzed on in a club.

>> No.6137769

>>6137759
THIS, is the Japan we know and love.

>> No.6137774

>>6137759
PLEASE be joking.

>> No.6137788 [DELETED] 

>>6137759
Just keep telling yourself that、 w
estern girl.

>> No.6137795

>>6137759
did you get train molested?

>> No.6137796

>>6137759
Just keep telling yourself that.

>> No.6137805

>The Japanese men might have been frightened of us but the other expat men just flat-out ignored us.

I wonder why.

>> No.6137811

>>6137795
I did when I went there a few years back.
And the closest comparison of my looks I can think of would be Freddy from Cromartie. I was a little confused at the time needless to say.

>> No.6137816

>>6137774

I'm not joking, actually. Being jizzed on was the worst part. It could have been a white guy that jizzed on me cause I didn't notice the congealed stuff all over my pants until I came out of the club... but I'm inclined to think it was this middle-age Japanese dude that started dancing with me and tried to feel-up my nipples. I told him to go away and later he nudged against me.

>>6137795
Actually, no. I never got molested on the train. It was always in various locations in the city.

>> No.6137817

>>6137747
You can't tell what someone's personality is until AFTER you talk to them.

>> No.6137847

>>6137759
Get out of /jp/ you slut.

>> No.6137863

>>6137519
How old are you and are you happy with your job right now? I'm pretty lost in life and will most likely end up walking the same road as you have though I might not end up in nuclear engineering..

>> No.6137875

>>6137847

I actually didn't have sex with anyone. Guess I'm still damaged goods, what with all this happening though.

>> No.6137890

>>6137695
About half split between average guys and cool / fashionable guys. (As far as looks go. All were otaku though cause who else am I gonna talk to.)

>>6137721
I'm 5'2 which is average height in Japan. My hair is brunette with blonde highlights, don't have blue eyes.

I have a friend who taught English in Japan who is very tall (even by USA standards) and has huge breasts (even by USA standards.) She had LOTS of molestation problems, but she also had a long term very serious relationship with a really good looking Japanese dude, so she had some normal guys interested too though.

To me it seems like the biggest hurdle for getting a boyfriend in Japan would be the language barrier. Even if you're good at Japanese, it's hard to get to know someone on a deep level unless you're fluent.

>> No.6137893

>>6137817
Indeed, but the "chubby" poster never claimed that she was approached by random strangers.

>> No.6137894

if clubs weren't terrible places to be I bet going and shooting your load on unsuspecting sluts would be a pretty entertaining hobby.

>> No.6137907

>>6137875
Calling the other girl small time and talking about getting jizzed on is what makes you a slut. It has nothing to do with intercourse.

>> No.6137908

>>6137890

>highlights

Fucking whore.

>> No.6137918

>>6137894
I'm going to try this just to see what happens. As I rarely leave even if they have a good description it won't matter.

>> No.6137919

>>6137893
I was, just a little bit though. Once or twice I guess. Mostly people I was meeting from online and stuff. I've only been in Japan close to 3 weeks total though so really it seems like a lot to me!

>> No.6137921

I'm good enough at Japanese to have a deep relationship (which I do have), but I know I wouldn't have a level of fluency required to compete with natives in generic corporate interviews there for a decade or so.

I need to focus on some particular skill to get a job there. I'll be graduating with a Masters in mathematics and I've been learning a bit of programming... no work experience yet though.

>> No.6137933

The tone she takes in the article irritates me
She obviously thought she was hot shit and is crying because she couldn't get dick?
fuck off slut

>> No.6137943
File: 41 KB, 500x281, rika.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6137759
I read this as "I got nipah'd all the time"

Ni pah~!

>> No.6137948

>>6137863
I joined the Navy, did 8 years on a sub, and work in Norfolk making retarded amounts of money for what I do.

I think the Navy was the easy way, since I was handed a job after 1.5 years of school. My resume when I went out into the work force had experience, and if all else failed, the Navy would have taken me back.

On a ship, you are pretty much the butt of all the retards jokes that work the flight deck. On a sub, you are part of a man crew that is manly. I fucking love submarines and enclosed places.

>> No.6137949

>>6137919
Well in fairness if you'd talked to them online they probably had at least some inkling of your personality before meeting you then?

>> No.6137959

>>6137921
Ehm what's the problem then? Isn't mathematics universal? Besides you may not be as good at Japanese at native speakers but you're probably a hell of a lot better at English, it's say that more than compensates for that.

>> No.6137967

>>6137948
Didn't you get nightmares about the sub sinking and you slowly drowning?

>> No.6137978

>>6137967
I have more faith in technology than unfounded bullshit. I accepted that if we failed I would die a watery death, but we didnt fail.

>> No.6137990 [DELETED] 

>>6137967
What a bizarre thing to ask.

Do you have nightmares about the upper floors of your house crashing into the lower, sending a mounting heap of rubble to pin you to as you sleep in your basement dwelling, there to spend agonizing hours with no less than sixteen broken bones as you wait for help that will never arrive in time?

>> No.6137986

>>6137959

Luckily no problems really, don't even need to worry about getting a visa, just saying I need to work hard and get my skills up to scratch.

>> No.6138000

>>6137967
What a bizarre thing to ask.

Do you have nightmares about the upper floors of your house crashing into the lower, sending a mounting heap of rubble to pin you to your bed as you sleep in your basement dwelling, there to spend agonizing hours with no less than sixteen broken bones as you wait for help that will likely never arrive in time?

>> No.6138001

>>6137949
Yeah. I'm not trying to say that it was due to my looks, I'm just trying to say that I got interest from guys one way or another, contrary to what the girl in the article experienced. If anything it was in spite of my looks. But I did have random guys talk to me a little too. (.... in Akiba....)

I didn't go to clubs to try and pick up guys or anything though. Really it just sounds like she needed more friends and a social circle to meet people or something.

>> No.6138002

>>6137978
How long did you have to spend underwater? Did you have internet?

How did you feel being being crowded into somewhere with lots of burly military men? I can't imagine the average /jp/er could adapt to that.

>> No.6138011

>>6138000
I just have a fear of water (and heights).

>> No.6138019

>>6137943
same here
nice trolling attempt though. you guys are too easy when it comes to females.

>> No.6138020

I literally just came on /jp/ to post this. You guys read my mind.

I...

I think Iove you..

>> No.6138055

If it was true that "nerd is king" in Japan, there wouldn't be such a problem with hikkikimoris. Even if this hadn't been full of condescending double standards, it would still be bullshit.
captcha control kliticus

>> No.6138060

This thread is why I love /jp/.

>> No.6138080
File: 30 KB, 540x813, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6138055
But they do have this.

>> No.6138084

>>6136846
Hah hah, ouugh!! Ah man. All her behaviors sound downright creepy to me, no wonder she was getting those kinds of reactions. I don't think it had anything to do with how she looks.

I come from London, and I think it's similar here. If someone tried to start a conversation with me on the bus, I dunno what I'd do. I'm on the bus, I'm just trying to get somewhere, I'm not looking to make friends or etc.

>> No.6138085

>>6137907

Welp, I can't argue with that!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action