[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 505x431, 8BD9A5EB-0195-4646-A9E2-66837591C51D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14437618 No.14437618 [Reply] [Original]

Can anyone remember what novel or short story this is from? It dates from the 20th century (most likely 1950's at earliest) onward at least.

There is a kid in elementary school. He spends the entire summer composing a school newspaper with articles and stories he has written. He does it all by hand. When school starts back in August/September he sells his paper and it's a hit. It's so popular a kid asks if he can contribute a story for the next edition. The kid writes some article about movies and movie stars I think, but the creator of the paper doesn't like it. He says it doesn't fit the style of his paper and he is also reluctant to give up sole creative input on the paper. So he snubs the guy he promised the article to, gets beat up bu the guy and his friends, and becomes an outcast in the school.

Does anyone know what this is from? I think it might have been Paul Auster's 4 3 2 1, but I am not sure.

>> No.14437651

>>14437618
Bump for curiosity

>> No.14437685

isn't this an episode of Ed Edd Eddy. The fall ones when they go back to school. Double D was the one making the newspaper and Kevin was the other dude who wanted to join