[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 236 KB, 691x625, .....jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19440146 No.19440146 [Reply] [Original]

>Book keeps getting into these long-winded autistically dry descriptions of the characters' clothing or their surroundings which you'll never know what they are or what they look like until you search for an image of them on the internet. These descriptions also serve no symbolic purpose.

>> No.19440178

Stop reading shitty books m8

>> No.19440182

>>19440146
>he doesn't like reading
mediocre

>> No.19440205

>>19440182
its clunky as shit. i love the way in which language unfolds, but what i'm talking about is this coarse and stagnant bs that's present everywhere. it cheapens the writing.

>> No.19440212

>>19440146
Light Novels for you brother. Just characters talking about the plot. Stop reading bad books.

>> No.19440272

>>19440205
to illustrate my point:
>Opposite Chagataev sat a young woman he did not know. Her eyes shone with a black light, and she looked awkward and sweet in a dark blue dress that went right up to her chin, like the dress of an old woman. She was not dancing, either because she was shy or because she didn’t know how, and she was gazing at Chagataev. She liked his dark face and his pure, narrow eyes that were looking straight at her with gloomy kindness; she liked his broad chest—behind which was hidden a heart with secret feelings—and his soft, meek mouth that was capable of crying and laughing. Not concealing her liking for him, she smiled at Chagataev, but he did not respond in any way. The general merriment steadily increased.

This is a great example representing the opposite of what's in the op. It never feels like it stops to a halt.

>> No.19440339

>The tik tok generation reads for once
>wonders why a book has words