[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 250 KB, 1610x1572, IMG_3631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23332007 No.23332007 [Reply] [Original]

>authors write books to be remembered forever
>they will be forgotten just like any common barely literate schmuck in the future

>> No.23332024
File: 158 KB, 599x582, 1713481282495822.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>murderer is raping my corpse
>my soul is already pausing at the first tollhouse to look back at him with infinite pity as i can see the golden chains of both our past lives running through samsara like red threads
>see all the karmic pain he is in from multiple b bad incarnations, pain that has twisted him up into this knot of evil
>forgive him on so many dimensions that his head would explode if he tried to perceive my forgiveness directly
>pledge to wait in the lethe until he dies and embrace him when his current incarnation ends and he inevitably realizes the enormity of karmic hell he is in for
>talk to some angels while waiting patiently to give him a big cosmic hug when he arrives and help him work on a plan for penitence across his next several lives
>angel tells me i helped over one thousand old ladies across the street in my last life and i can incarnate as a bivalve next time as a reward
>mfw bivalves are widely regarded as the best incarnation you can get

>> No.23332049

>>23332007
I write to not kill myself

>> No.23332053

Honestly I have a feeling that that mindset is likely one that people who don't actually write would have
Real authors probably write with the mindset that their books will be profitable and that with their next book, they will have a better negotiating position

>> No.23332146

>>23332024
Cope and seethe clamfag. You will never be a mollusc.

>> No.23332221

It's true, the abyss of time makes libraries akin to a graveyard, with each book marking the grave. Do you remember the names of everyone in the last graveyard you visited?

That said, the ideas we pass on might outlive us