[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 70 KB, 395x395, SeriousCatAvatar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
651693 No.651693 [Reply] [Original]

K, my English is really crappy, so It'd be really great if you could me out here.
<quote>

I still remember the first flower I've ever given to any women,
First body I've felt warm, First kiss I've recieved, and most of all, first love I've fallen to.

</quote>

>> No.651701

What the hell are we supposed to be doing?

>> No.651707

Improvise it or tell me if something's wrong with the quote.

>> No.651906

okay here you go

"I still have memories of the vast array of myself placed onto the flowers given to girls amongst the days of my life. First body who was warm against the cold, first kiss I've had upon my urethra, and most of all, first love I've fallen from."

>> No.651913

>>First love I've fallen to
Makes no sense. Bad, bad English.

>> No.651928

>>651906

Oh my god, you're going to get this guy into trouble.It should be "First kiss I've felt upon my urethra," not "First kiss I've had."

Idiot.

>> No.651934

>>651928
You're right... But otherwise good?

>> No.651944

OP, your grammar in the second sentence is wonky. Try something like this:

First body I felt warm, first kiss I received, and, most of all, my first love.

>> No.651947

>>651934

Other than that the OP should just hand that right on in. Killer stuff.

>> No.651951

OP take hints from >>646033 and it will expand your grasp.

>> No.652134

>>651947
this

>> No.652147

>>651691
s t E A l i n G i S w R O n G m r . C H R I S T o P H e R P O O l e h t t p : / / 8 8 . 8 0 . 2 1 . 1 2 /

>> No.652169
File: 51 KB, 337x450, instant cockstand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

-A girl got into a hansom a few days ago, he went on, in London. She was on her way to meet her mother whom she had not seen for many years. At the corner of a street the shaft of a lorry shivered the window of the hansom in the shape of a star. A long fine needle of the shivered glass pierced her heart. She died on the instant. The reporter called it a tragic death. It is not. It is remote from terror and pity according to the terms of my definitions.
-From Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor
had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse
to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper
all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to
tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a
peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory
end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface
-Finnegan's Wake

Does anyone else feel like Joyce lost his shit later in life?

>> No.652217

John Wilmot, the Earl of Rochester was accustomed to use the word "flowers" in his poetry as a synonym for "menstrual effluvia", as in his famous stanza

By all love's soft, yet mighty powers,
It is a thing unfit,
That men should fuck in time of flowers,
Or when the smock's beshit.

Therefore when I read a sentence like "I still remember the first flower I've ever given to any women" it makes me think you caused a woman to menstruate.

Otherwise the English verb "to deflower" means "to fuck a virgin", so perhaps what you meant was that you still remember the first hymen you gave to a woman who was born (as some are) without one.

>>First body I've felt warm,

If you replace the word "warm" with the word "up", this will make more sense in conversational English.

>>First kiss I've recieved,

You need to specify where you received it. "Under my nose" is the customary response, although "between the cheeks" or "along with herpes, the gift that keeps on giving" are also appropriate clauses to append to such a statement.

>>and most of all, first love I've fallen to.

First love you may have fallen to, but second language English clearly spoken you by is.

>> No.652222

>>Does anyone else feel like Joyce lost his shit later in life?

Theories on Finnegans Wake:
1. He was trying to communicate with his schizophrenic daughter.
2. It makes more sense if you read it out loud, which is true.
3. Buck Mulligan was right and it's the most colossal leg-pull in literary history.

>> No.652228

>>652222

fucking shit, I accidentally posted this in a reply. I'll be posting this in a fresh thread, but thanks. I'll have to read it out loud when I get a chance, but fuckin' a, man.