[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 3.45 MB, 854x480, 1714539184387959.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
74984977 No.74984977 [Reply] [Original]

I thought niji was the casual non-idol type of company but now with holos success, they're now hammering down the idol aspect of vtubing yet still keep failing at it with their low-budget concerts and cucking their fanbases

>> No.74985835

>>74984977
Desperation

>> No.74986210

>>74984977
im still amazed people paid double for a 2d karaoke and then tried to defend that shit
also wonder how many people got ear infections after singapore

>> No.74986575
File: 86 KB, 1024x575, 1714274412906996m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>74984977

>> No.74987259

i dunno if people like op just pretend to be retarded? music exists outside of idols, nijisanji has done concerts as long as it existed and before hololive ever did

>> No.74989104

>>74986210
The thing with a lot of these concerts NijiEN does though is that they aren't actual Anycolor events. They are much closer to a sponsorship in terms of business than an official event. Anycolor aren't organizing it, they aren't selling tickets for it, they aren't selling the merch for the event, they aren't doing the stream, they aren't doing the music, they aren't doing the visuals. They charge the company organizing it an appearance fee and a fee for using the IP and thats about it done from their side. If there is a criticism to be levied at Anycolor for the event then a reasonable one would be that they should be more cautious about who they sell those rights to in the future. I think in this case in particular the organizers might very well have been a very inexperienced group hosting one of their first if not their first event which would explain why it was rough around the edges. Most previous events organized in the same way had very few issues I am aware of, like the one in Malaysia a while back that was organized by a company that regularly does similar events and conventions and things of that nature.

>> No.74989270
File: 15 KB, 257x257, 1607080858384.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>74984977
I love how in the first half with millie on the bottom there is one light pen visible period and.. it is not moving, like someone went 'fuck it I'm not even gonna pretend here' and set it down for the segment.

then in the other half there is exactly one light pen half-heartedly moving .. probably the same one as before actually.

>> No.74992818

>>74987259
Hololive's first concert was May 9th, 2019. If you wanna say that AZKI/Inonaka Music doesn't count then it's October 6th, 2019 with Sora's first live.
Nijisanji's first concert was December 8th, 2019.

>> No.74997813

>>74984977
Back when they were HUGE in concerts, OP.

>> No.74997904

>>74984977
Quarterly coming up, they're desperate to put some numbers on the table.

>> No.74998528

>>74984977
Nijisanji JP has more talents signed to record deals than Hololive does, why wouldn’t they do music shit?

>> No.74998618

>>74998528
Dunno, why haven't I heard a single song outside of Japan? Where's the concerts? The albums? What happened to global expansion?

>> No.74998823

>>74998618
>Dunno, why haven't I heard a single song outside of Japan?
Because you don’t look for them? Just because you don’t listen doesn’t mean they aren’t there.
>Where's the concerts?
ROF-MAO literally had a concert just over a week ago. NijiFes at the end of last year, Hoshikawa, Ryushen and Kanae all had solo lives last year just to name a few
>The albums?
I suggest you go look up the sales rankings for JP chuuba music from last year. Suisei was basically the only thing stopping Nijisanji from having the entirety of the top ten.
>What happened to global expansion?
This is a total shit show, and they really just need to give up on it.

>> No.74998900

>>74998823
>Sales ranking
They are padding their sales by going full idol scheme.

>> No.74998953

>>74998900
What’s your point? The question was where are the albums, they are there and ROF-MAO outsells even Suisei. Just because anon doesn’t care doesn’t mean others don’t.

>> No.74998978

>>74984977
Because they nuked their EN market with their policy, and now other companies and indies have eaten their share since they are retarded.
So they have to double down in the east, and what does it sell there? Idols and Kpop.

>> No.74999113

>>74989104
>Long ass post to say Niji hust sends their talent to whoever asks and does jack shit after that.
I fucking hope not, it’s prime danger not only for shitshow like the Rhapsody, but also to be used for scams or second ends, like publicizing a scam.
And at the end of the day people will remember Niji association to it, no matter how much they or the sis cry. That’s why non-retarded corpo do QA of events.

>> No.74999127

>>74998953
The point was that they're only known in Japan and made absolutely no investments to change that. And hopefully they stay there for the foreseeable future because the west doesn't want to see them ever again. Honestly, it sounds like we want the same thing, if anything.

>> No.74999143

>>74998953
Just laughing at their hypocrisy

>> No.74999238

>>74999127
I mean they did make an investment to change that, it’s just that the EN branch has been an absolute dumpster fire and the sooner they can it the better at this point.

>> No.74999268
File: 42 KB, 468x309, earphone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

POV: you arrive at Nijisanji's meet and greet.

>> No.74999416

>>74987259
>nijisanji has done concerts as long as it existed and before hololive ever did
Also pretend to be retarded or not even pretending?

>> No.74999434

>>74999113
You'd think a JP corpo would be really interested in putting in the effort to have good QA considering how reputation is sacred to the nips.
Riku what the fuck are you even Japanese?

>> No.74999581

>>74984977
Because according to empirical evidence, it "should" sell.

Nijisanji is historically one of the biggest corporations in the Virtual Youtubing industry. When you're a company of that scale, it is typical for decisions to be informed through research and gathering data/evidence. I am not doing any of that to substantiate my claim, I'm only using this truth to make my point.

The point: NIjisanji is seeing that their biggest competitor in the industry, Hololive, gaining a lot of things through concerts. They are gaining community goodwill, earning profits, and establishing a good position in the public eye. They accomplish all this by leaning into their niche of virtual idols. The numbers don't lie: despite being an older titan, Nijisanji is having its top talents beaten in many aspects by Hololive JP's big names. Suisei has a public stranglehold on "what the pinnacle of a virtual youtuber musician should look like" while Pekora and Gura have claimed their respective positions at the top of subscriber numbers. Some other anon will probably correct me or substantiate me with real numbers.

All of this is to say: Nijisanji is looking at the success of their biggest competitor and realizing they could be making money in that same niche. However, to achieve this, they are faced with the realization that they will be playing catch-up. Hololive is founded on their theme and has remained true to it, and trying to compete with them in their ballpark means trying to send their talents into this same space.

My personal opinion is that Niji realized this partway through the EN branch's lifespan. Someone in the higher branches of management and administration probably thought they could start encroaching on Holo's position when they realized they were sitting on a bunch of utaites and singers. But they decide to commit to this direction too late because they terminated the contract of the one Vtuber that would have essential to pursuing this line: Yugo. If you look at the other terminations and graduations sans Zaion and Pomu, the other big members that were let go are not essential to the singing and music aspect of the branch. Selen, Nina, and Mysta are not all singers. They were excellent streamers in other areas, but their lack of skill and experience in this one area makes it difficult to justify their inclusion in meetings with staff about anything music-related. While their lack of singing skill was not a principal factor in letting them go, I can guarantee it didn't help them with staying on, either.

A lot of it is a big mistake, to begin with. Nijisanji shouldn't be centering around music at all, to begin with. They were always the agency that was "open to anyone and everyone". This was further cemented when Hololive came around and the difference became "idols vs. average people". Nijisanji attempting to lean into music now is a mix of the talents that continue to stay with the company and the fact they're finally losing their strong footing in the industry.

A lot of the remaining NIji EN members are singers. But only singers, and not much else. They may be entertaining in their own ways and in their own right to certain people, but none of the remaining members can strike out on their own in interesting ways. Selen and Nina attempted to create variety content that no one else in EN dared to spearhead, and mostly because their strengths lie elsewhere. Pomu, while a good singer in her own right, contained a lot of heart and passion that infected the branch with the positivity needed to keep up the Nijifamily image. Mysta was, well, Mysta.

Long and short of it: Niji is trying to lean into music to chase the slice of pie Hololive baked for years and is now enjoying. Holo is enjoying the longer-term benefits of its choices back then, and Nijisanji continues to be as short-sighted as its CEO.

>> No.74999703

>>74984977
Simple: Money.

>> No.74999760

>>74999581
It's like an all out war out here.

>> No.74999774

>>74992818
Look, the holobrony posted a bunch of dates. Surely he's telling the truth this ti-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcaGIXz6fdI

>> No.75001953

>>74984977
NijiJP has done idol stuff for years, and the quality is generally better than what EN got.

>> No.75003763

ROF-MAO? more like
ROFLMAO

>> No.75004690

>>74984977
Kek
>niji could never

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action